more than anything else, I worry about how people perceive my nails.
Thia’s Nails in Des Moines, IA
- All the (Asian) staff speak perfect English.
- My nail tech was a man.
- His name was Polo and he’s lived in Iowa for 17 years.
- Three other middle-aged white women were there getting their acrylics touched up.
- Polo tried to up-sell me a shellac manicure but I declined.
- A woman at the drying station told me she puts cocoa powder in her chili, and you can’t tell but it makes the flavor a lot richer.
Overall, A+ definitely visit Thia’s Nails next to the Des Moines airport.
I got stuck in Iowa and all I got was this shitty manicure.